Universal life insurance combines permanent life protection with tax-advantaged investment opportunities to help you increase your long term wealth. Suitable for personal or business needs, universal life insurance can help you:
- Leave proceeds to your beneficiary – tax-free
- Further your retirement and estate planning
- Build tax-deferred equity and accessible cash value over time (may be subject to taxation)
- Establish collateral for a bank loan
- Provide key person coverage for your business (business continuity)
- Insure multiple lives when you purchase the policy, or later (Term Insurance rider)
With a selection of product styles and optional coverage features (called riders), universal life is highly customizable to fit into your financial plan.
Who is it for?
We find that universal life insurance is a popular choice for:
- People who have maximized their RRSP contributions
- Parents and grandparents who want to maximize their estate for their children and grandchildren
- Business owners looking for a tax-efficient way to protect the value of their business